Monday, January 21, 2013

Welcome!


I recently decided to participate in Illustration friday (IF). Illustrationfriday.com is fantastic as it provides themed words each week where artists submit their illustration concepts of the word of the week. Last year, I participated in a project where I was responsible for the layout of 15 chapters for a best selling children's curriculum. I am unable to share more information about that project contents as I signed a non-disclosure agreement, but I can say that it led me to one of my passion in the design world, ie. effective layout of images and type on a page. As such, I will use this blog to  build a portfolio of annual report covers and a few inner pages showing some layout. Unlike my previous layout project, it is open to all to view and make comments!


You may ask, 'why annual reports?'. Well the answer is simple. . . 

  1. I am also business graduate who worked in the business world. I understand business documents but cared more about the looks of documents, than the content (and most documents were pretty dull looking).
  2. I hear annual report projects make a lot of money and making money is key to a freelance graphic artist. So maybe I will be able to contribute to the business world using the proper placement of images and type to make documents more appealing and reader-friendly while make a living a at the same time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home